With the support and guidance of MahalirThittam of Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women, COODU organization has organized rural and urban women, who are marginalized and un-organized, in 89 habitations and formed Self Help Groups, as the grass root level functional forces
|No. of Blocks taken up
|Number of villages covered by COODU
|Number of women covered under SHGs
|Number of women SHGs promoted
|Total amount saved by women SHG members
|Total number of Panchayat level (women) federation established
- Women, who, for far too long, were confined to their homes, have now come out and claiming their Rights.
- Women have formed themselves into groups and each one proudly call herself, a Self Help Group (SHG) member.
- Women have undergone training in Organisation, book and account keeping and begun to manage groups.
- Women have skilled themselves in various trade crafts and have begun to produce artifacts and materials that can be sold for a profit, thereby saving money for their families.
- Women are into thrift activities, get loan both from their groups as well as financial Institutions and have begun to run enterprises.
- A large number of women have become financially independent and manage their families on their own.
- Women understand the meaning of empowerment and will attain it.